Defending you from malware – Improved!
Kaspersky Lab’s award-winning anti-malware technologies work in the background – without disrupting you or noticeably affecting your computer’s performance – to ensure your PC and data are safe:
- Protecting you against all types of malware – including computer viruses, Trojan viruses, worms, spyware, rootkits, bots and more
- Combining Kaspersky’s powerful security technologies on your PC with the real-time efficiency of Kaspersky’s cloud-assisted service – so you benefit from a faster, more effective response to new malware and Internet threats
- Providing Kaspersky’s new ZetaShield technology – for even better protection against unknown malware and exploits
Protecting you against suspicious websites and identity thieves – Improved!
The Web can be a dangerous place, with many infected websites and cybercriminals using the Internet to steal personal information. To help keep you and your sensitive data safe on the Internet, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015:
- Shows colour-coded icons alongside all web links – to inform you about links and subsequent pages that are suspicious or dangerous
- Employs cloud-based, proactive anti-phishing technologies – to help ensure that phishing websites do not trick you into disclosing any valuable, personal data
- Scans incoming and outgoing email messages – and blocks harmful content
Preventing the exploitation of vulnerabilities on your PC – Improved!
If any programs on your PC – including its operating system or any applications – have not been updated with the latest patches and fixes, those programs could act as an entry point for malware attacks. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 scans your PC for such vulnerabilities and:
Assesses and controls the behaviour of operating systems and applications that contain vulnerabilities to prevent harm being caused to your PC or your precious data
Helping to maintain your PC's performance – Improved!
Because Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 has been optimised for performance, it:
- Delivers rigorous anti-malware protection – without constantly disturbing you with questions and alerts
- Performs its regular security tasks – including checking the reputations of the applications and websites you launch, analysing the behaviour of applications, updating the malware database and more – without any significant effect on your PC’s performance
Real-time anti-malware – protects you against new and emerging threats
By combining traditional, proactive and cloud-based anti-malware technologies, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 delivers real-time protection against the latest malware threats:
Kaspersky’s award-winning antivirus software defends your PC against all types of malware, including:
- Computer viruses
- Trojan viruses
- Bots… and more
Cloud-assisted technology enables real-time protection
When hackers and cybercriminals release new malware, it takes time for security vendors to update their antivirus databases with a new malware signature that protects against the new threat. However, Kaspersky uses cloud-assisted technologies to ensure its customers’ PCs are protected during the period before a new malware signature has been produced.
The cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) continually gathers information about new malware threats from millions of consenting users’ computers across the world. Armed with this information, Kaspersky helps to secure your PC against the very latest threats – without you having to wait for a new malware signature to be released.
Whether you consent to KSN automatically collecting threat information from your computer – or whether you prefer not to permit data collection – your PC will still be able to benefit from KSN’s extremely rapid response to new and emerging malware.
Preventing the exploitation of software vulnerabilities
If your PC’s operating system – or the applications running on your PC – contain any vulnerabilities because they’ve not had the latest software patches or fixes applied, Kaspersky’s Automatic Exploit Prevention technology will:
- Control the launch of executable files from applications that contain vulnerabilities
- Assess how executable files behave – identifying similarities with malware programs
- Restrict how vulnerable applications are allowed to operate
Protection against screen lockers
Blocker Trojan viruses can prevent you from using your PC until you pay ‘ransom’ money for the blocker’s restrictions to be removed. If a cybercriminal ever uses a Blocker Trojan to try and take control of your PC, just activate Kaspersky’s protection against screen lockers and Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 will:
- Halt any dangerous processes
Launch the relevant virus treatment procedures
In the unlikely event of your PC becoming infected with malware, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 includes Kaspersky’s unique System Watcher technology that:
- Detects dangerous behaviour on your computer
- Enables you to roll back or undo most types of malicious action
Efficient updates for antivirus databases
Because Kaspersky ensures that your computer only needs to store relatively small antivirus databases, your PC benefits from:
- Minimal impact on performance
- Quicker installation and updates for your Kaspersky antivirus software
Web protection – secures you agains sophisticated, web-based malware attacks
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 includes computer security technologies that help to ensure you can surf the web and be confident that you won’t be affected by dangerous websites:
By using cloud-based data about the reputation of websites, the Kaspersky URL Advisor alerts you about links to suspicious and dangerous sites. It provides colour-coded icons that show you whether a link is ‘trusted’, ‘suspicious’ or ‘dangerous’.
With just a single mouse click, Kaspersky’s File Advisor uses cloud-based technologies to check the safety of any file you wish to access.
With its regularly updated database, Kaspersky’s anti-phishing engine helps to defend you against Internet fraudsters’ attempts to access your personal information.
Optimised – to help preserve your PC's performance
Because we recognise that antivirus software should provide effective protection without any significant effect on your PC’s performance, Kaspersky’s development team has ensured Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 delivers:
Minimal consumption of PC resources
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 has minimal impact on general network activity and the:
- Installation of applications
- Launch of applications
- aunch of web browsers
Kaspersky’s special Gamer Mode also ensures your PC is protected, while you enjoy an uninterrupted game experience.
Rapid start-up, shutdown and reaction times
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 has been optimised to deliver:
- Faster start-up
- Quicker shutdown
- Rapid response when you select security settings and commands
Longer battery life
If you’re running a laptop on battery power, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 automatically limits its use of resources. This helps to ensure your laptop can operate for a longer period before its battery needs to be recharged.
Optimised for Windows
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 has been optimised for Windows 8.
Designed fro ease of use
Superior security doesn’t have to be difficult to use. That’s why Kaspersky Anti-Virus includes several new and upgraded user features:
Improved user interface
Capitalising on the very latest thinking on efficient user interfaces, we’ve updated the main display window for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015.
The main interface now only includes frequently used settings – so they’re easier to use and navigate.
New versions of Kaspersky Anti-Virus can be automatically installed on your PC – without you having to perform any update action or respond to any prompts – to make it even easier for you to ensure you always have the latest protection.
Improved virus scan features
The redesigned Task Manager makes it easier to view the status of scanning processes – and see how Kaspersky’s security processes are making use of your PC’s resources.